Need undo for password field in the app

Options
jboren
jboren
Community Member

So I need to create a login entry for an online service within an app. Because it's not a web page, I have to do this manually. In the 1password app I enter login entry name, the username, and generate a password. Copy/paste the password into the field in the app I'm creating it for, all is good. I switch back over to the 1password app, and accidentally bump a key on my keyboard. Because the password was highlighted for the copy, it replaces the password with the accidental character. Now I'm screwed. There's no 'previous passwords' because it was never saved. Now I have to reset the password in the app and fix the 1password entry.

If there was a simple 'undo' in the password field, this would be trivial to fix. The way it is now it's not the end of the world, but I can't think of a good reason not to have this function, and it would save some time. I'll bet I'm not the only person who has ever done this.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:undo

Comments

• @jboren

Would Command + Z work for your needs to remove the errant character? It also sounds like you are leaving the item in edit mode. Saving the item first will be the best way to prevent accidental typing into the password field.

• jboren
    jboren
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_tommy , thanks for the help. Ctrl +Z didn't work for me, it was the first thing I tried. Yes, I left it in edit mode while I copy pasted the creds into the other app. Saving it first would have prevented this from happening. I think I wanted to make sure the password worked for their complexity requirements before I did, but I could save it first and go back and change it if it didn't work. I'm just one of those clumsy oafs who need as many undo options as possible. :)

Thanks!
    Joe

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021
    Options

@jboren:

I have just tested this scenario on my device and I was able to undo the change using Cmd + Z. You wrote that you used Ctrl + Z instead, so I wonder if that is why the keyboard shortcut did not work for you. Can you give the Cmd + Z keyboard shortcut a try instead, and see if that one works?

• jboren
    jboren
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, Hmmm, that's possible, I switch between Mac, Linux and windows all day and I could have been hitting the wrong modifier. Yes, that works! Thanks for pointing that out, that does exactly what I needed under the described scenario.

Thanks for the help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @jboren! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.