Feature suggestion: reminder hint for sites using 3rd party auth

When logging into the many sites offering login via 3rd party auth providers (facebook, github, google etc), I often forget which one I used. I can usually guess (never facebook, rarely google, often github), but with infrequently-visited sites it can be a pest.

It would be great if 1P could remember which one I used last, and give me a hint. Or is there a solution already there I've missed?

Cheers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @crisbennett!

I personally add a comment in the notes field of the item for these websites, but I also started experimenting with adding this information directly in the Login title (for example: Website (Google SSO). I don't know which one I like more yet, but they both work for me :)

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana - both of those seem reasonable workarounds. I'll try the title approach as it'll show up in the browser extension popups.

I think the various browser extensions handling this in some automated way would be worth considering if technically feasible. 3rd party auth use seems to be increasing apace.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021

@crisbennett:

I will pass your feedback to the developers. I know we are discussing if there are ways where we can better support these login systems from 1Password, so all suggestions are useful :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#199

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana

• On behalf of Ana, you're very welcome. :smile: Just to throw another idea out there — I'm different yet and use the username field, since to me the fact that I am choosing to sign in with Apple, for example, is my way of authenticating, so to me it's my username or password. Since the username is the field that is not hidden by default, I go with username.

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc Also a good idea. The username being visible in the browser extension popup makes it handy for this purpose. Cheers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Michael, you are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.