After adding a person to an existing group with vaults they couldn't see the vaults

Mangus
Mangus
Community Member

After adding a person to an existing group with that group already assigned to some vaults, they couldn't see the vaults.

I noticed that creating a new group with them in it and assigning them a vault they were able to see it without a problem. Alternatively adding the person to the vault also allowed them to see it.

I didn't test it but I assume removing and readding the original group may also allow them to see it.

So it appeared the issue was to do with having groups already assigned to a vault and these weren't made available to new members of the group because the connection existed before they were added.

Does this at all sound possible or am I missing something? I couldn't see anything like this in the forum and thought maybe something else may be the cause.

1Password Version: 953
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:adding person to group they can't see vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mangus! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this, and take a closer look at why this is happening to you. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Mangus
    Mangus
    Community Member

[#YUM-79687-855]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mangus:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: YUM-79687-855

• Mangus
    Mangus
    Community Member

Having switched to the business plan this doesn't appear to be an issue anymore or at least I am unable to reproduce it

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Mangus! I will let the business team take a look at this just in case, and if you manage to reproduce this once again, by all means let us know :+1:

This discussion has been closed.