1password wil not accept password on iPhone, same password still accepted on Mac

Options
jjjeck
jjjeck
Community Member
edited January 2021 in iOS

Due to wearing a face-mask I could not use the face-recognition option on my iPhone X/256 (IOS 14.3) to unlock 1Password. So I tried to fill in my password. It was not accepted.

When I use the same password on my Mac Mini (Intel, MacOS 11.1, 1Password Version 7.7 (70700016) from Mac App Store) I can open my vaults.

When I use the Note-application (synced via iCloud) with the password and copy & paste it to 1password on both machines the mini is working fine, on the iPhone keeps on saying "Probeer opnieuw"; Dutch for try again.

Some remarks

• I have the option use the Apple Watch enabled.
  • I have version 7.7 quite some time running and dit not make any configuration changes (at least this year I did not).
  • I use two accounts; 4 personal vaults and 8 vaults of my company;
  • I did not try to uninstall and reinstall the app on my iPhone yet.

The question; how can I open my 1password on my iPhone?

Thanks in Advance

Jeroen
The Netherlands

ps. When not able to use 1password on your phone, you discover how often 1password is used!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.3
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:password not accepted on iphone, well on mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjjeck!

When I use the same password on my Mac Mini (Intel, MacOS 11.1, 1Password Version 7.7 (70700016) from Mac App Store) I can open my vaults.

This suggests that your 1Password apps are configured in a different way on your two devices. Especially since you wrote this:

I use two accounts; 4 personal vaults and 8 vaults of my company;

The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

Therefore, is it possible that you configured your 1Password accounts in a different order on your devices? Have you tried entering the Master Password for your business account instead, for example?

• jjjeck
    jjjeck
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks for the quick responce.

I just tried to unlock with mij "company" password; no luck. Same error message "Probeer opnieuw" (Try again).

I know I have unlocked my phone before with the private password; but I'm not sure if its was with version 7.7.

When a product is working fine for so many years, you do not think anymore when you use it...

When uninstalling the app from my iPhone wil it remove all traces of the app from my iPhone? Reinstalling is really no issue.

Thanks in Advance

Jeroen
    The Netherlands

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jjjeck:

Before you do that, can you confirm if you are able to login to both accounts directly on the 1Password.com website, rather than in the app?

• jjjeck
    jjjeck
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay;

Both accounts are accessible with via the website; (Thanks :) )

I was planning to reinstall AFTER you told me. I'm not sure if its a bug, hick-up , or an error between chair and keyboard...

Thanks

Jeroen
    The Netherlands

• @jjjeck

If you can access 1Password.com and you have the Emergency Kit for both accounts, you should be good to proceed.

Deleting the app on the phone will remove all data and allow you to start from a clean slate.

• Same problem here. Did not get it resolved by reinstall. Workaround, that did the trick was to set a new master password on the Mac and wait for being synced into the Cloud. Then entered the new password and success. Hope it helps also solving your problem.

• @mbehh

I am glad you found a solution to your woes.

This discussion has been closed.