1P 7.7 New Safari Experience is annoying - how can I change it ?

Options
MikDev
MikDev
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi Guys :-)

since the new 1P 7.7 - I struggle with the new "Safari Experience" especially with the new "Suggestions" they might be nice if you just use them from the Browser
=> But if you double click one specific Login int the 1Password.app you want exactly this records Username & Password filled in - and NOT getting a selection of many other records with the same URL e.g. https://adminconsole.adobe.com/team ???

We support a big number of customers, therefore many have the same URL's like for Adobe, Apple, AWS, DropBox, Microsoft etc.
So one does not want to scroll down a huge list every time. Do You get the picture ?

Thanx for listening & keep up the good work...
Mik

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 10.13.6 - 10.15.7
Sync Type: whatever

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikDev!

Have you considered unchecking the option named Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field under 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab? I think this might be what you are looking for.

• MikDev
    MikDev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ag_ana

Thanks for your fast reply, yes exactly that would be it :-)
    unfortunately then it does still not fill in the pw ( e.g. https://adminconsole.adobe.com/team ), which means I have to click on 1P & hence get the long list selection again ?

• Hey @MikDev. Can you walk us through the exact steps you are taking and what results you are seeing? I just visited https://adminconsole.adobe.com/team and saved a new login there. I then closed the tab, opened 1Password for Mac, and clicked Open and Fill on that item, and the page loaded with my email address filled. What are you seeing on your end?

• MikDev
    MikDev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi michaelc

I ssee this:

• MikDev
    MikDev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MichaelC

I see the first Login Window with the Username, which is correctly filled in and then the 2nd Window where the PW is not filled in ?

Thanx Mik

• Hey Mik. Thanks for the screenshots and for walking me through your steps. My apologies — adobe.com happens to be an issue we are aware of where you do need to trigger autofill a second time to get the password on this page to fill.

Are there other sites you're also having trouble with?

ref: dev/core/core#389

• MikDev
    MikDev
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_michaelc

O.k. good to know, Yes it seems to work with most others :-)
    I guess this might work in a future version ?

Thank You for the support & have a nice weekend

Mik

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikDev:

Yes, this should start working in a future version as soon as our developers manage to address this. And on behalf of ag_michaelc, you are very welcome, and have a great weekend too! :)

This discussion has been closed.