Why does 1Password no longer ask me if I want to update the password?

Options
Zuano
Zuano
Community Member

Why does 1Password no longer ask me if I want to update the password? Also, new passwords suggested by Safari are no longer saved in 1Password.
I have activated the plugin and I also see the dominant button in the password field.
I actually didn't think it was bad that Safari saves the passwords and 1Password. A mutual backup, so to speak.
When I changed my 800 reused passwords to unique ones for a long whole day, errors happened when saving. Once 1Password saved it correctly, once Safari.
Actually, the last updates of 1 Password have become worse.
Don't touch a running system!!!
And now it's not running well! macos/deepLFree.translatedWithDeepL.text

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Zuano!

I actually didn't think it was bad that Safari saves the passwords and 1Password. A mutual backup, so to speak.

I think Safari passwords is interfering with 1Password, from what you are writing. Can you confirm that you have both password managers enabled?

If you do, we actually recommend only using 1Password for this:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member
    Options

I confirm that I have both password managers and I want to keep it that way!

I do NOT rely on only one password manager and I think it's good that there is Safari!

The popup from 1Password is no longer coming! Understand me correctly!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zuano:

Understood, thank you for the confirmation! Keeping both password managers active is definitely your prerogative. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of this could indeed be the popup not working as expected, since Safari's password manager is interfering with it.

If you would like the 1Password popup to work, we recommend disabling the Safari password management feature. If you would like to keep both enabled anyway, you always have the option to save your items manually in 1Password.

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

A few months ago, there was no interference.
    1Password has been degraded.

Can you pass it on to the development department that this will be fixed and back to the way it was before?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zuano:

Can you give us an example of a website where this is happening, so we can test it too? Thank you!

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

There are also many iOS apps that support the Apple password manager and take passwords from the Safari browser into the iOS apps, but do not support 1Password.

Besides, I don't want to rely only on one password manager.

Probably the best known site from Austria:

The registration page of Willhaben.at

https://sso.willhaben.at/auth/realms/willhaben/protocol/openid-connect/registrations?client_id=bbx-bff&response_type=code&scope=openid email&redirect_uri=https://www.willhaben.at/iad/verifiedemail

And safe my passwords.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zuano:

Thank you for the URL! I have tested the signup page of that website, and I confirm that 1Password popped up correctly for me when I tried to submit the form:

I have Safari passwords disabled however, which strongly suggests that it is indeed the problem. I am afraid that if this worked in the past, it was more by chance than by intention, and the solution is the one I linked to in my previous post.

However, if you want to remove the 1Password icon from the fields, you can do so under 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab, and unchecking the option named Show inline menu in Safari.

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please post a Screenshot from your 1Password Settings in the Browser Tab?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zuano:

Certainly, here you go:

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member
    Options

I completely reset 1Password following these instructions.

https://support.1password.com/cs/starting-over/

I logged in again and made these settings:

And now it worked again!

Thank You very much, @ag_ana

You helped me by giving me the assurance that the popup was coming.

Thanks. It is solved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @Zuano! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.