Offline vault on iPad

SomebodyOnline
SomebodyOnline
Community Member

Hi I want to open my offline vault on my iPad without syncing it with Dropbox, iCloud or 1Password. I want to copy it with an USB-stick. I have a 1Password7 account, but I don't want to use any cloud or the 1Password-online password. I just want to open the local vault with the master password of this vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: None
Referrer: forum-search:offline vault ios

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SomebodyOnline! Welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify: is all your 1Password data currently on a USB drive? And in no other place where you could import it to your iPad?

• SomebodyOnline
    SomebodyOnline
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana.

Thanks for your quick reply. My 1Password data is also on my computer, but I want to transfer it to my iPad with a USB drive.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SomebodyOnline:

Thank you for the clarification. Since the iPad does not have a USB port, I am not sure if this is possible. I have asked the rest of the team to see if someone has any suggestions :+1:

• SomebodyOnline
    SomebodyOnline
    Community Member

@ag_ana:

Thanks for your help :) . To clarify, the iPad Air and iPad Pro has an USB C port, so you are able to use a USB stick. For the "normal" iPad there are also USB sticks with Lightning port out there or you can can an Lightning to USB adapter.

I just want to copy my 1Password without any Cloud/Internet service.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I see what you mean now @SomebodyOnline, got it! We will post back here as soon as we have an update :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SomebodyOnline:

I have heard back from the developers and I was told that this is unfortunately not something that can be done. Even if your iPad has a USB C port, importing data into 1Password from a USB drive is not possible.

• SomebodyOnline
    SomebodyOnline
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Hi ag_ana:

Unfortunately, I already suspected something like this :( . Is there a plan to implement this in the future, because all prerequisites (like USB on the iPad and it's already implemented in the Mac/PC application version) are already given? So it's not that big deal (I know what I'm talking about, because I'm also a Software Engineer).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SomebodyOnline:

I am not aware of plans to add this feature I am afraid. If you absolutely want to sync this manually, you could consider setting up a WLAN server just for the first sync though:

How to use the WLAN server

However, this would only work if you also have a copy of 1Password for Mac running, with this database in it. If you only use an iOS device, unfortunately this would not be an option :(

This discussion has been closed.