How to force browser sync?

Options
morriz
morriz
Community Member

I can't find a button to start dropbox syncing in the 1password for mac app, but I can in the iOS app.

In the browser it says 54 minutes (!!) since last sync. Where is the button to start syncing? Please introduce a sync interval or add that button.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:browser force sync

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @morriz!

There is no button to start syncing in 1Password for Mac, only in 1Password for iOS. On Mac, you can force a sync by either locking and unlocking 1Password, or by switching to another vault, and then back to the first one ;)

• morriz
    morriz
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome. Good to know. How easy would it be to add it to the UI to prevent these questions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@morriz:

I am not a developer so I am not able to judge the effort required, but I can let you know that I have shared your request with the developers themselves for future consideration ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#74

• p99
    p99
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

I would also love to see this. 1Password 7 seems very unreliable with automatic syncing to Dropbox. I'm often stuck not getting updated passwords for several hours (see screenshot).
    Why not add a force sync button in the settings: should be easy enough like in the iOS app.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing your perspective @p99. :)

Ben

• p99
    p99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben would love it if you can also share my issue with the devs. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Done @p99, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.