1password sync with dropbox issue: keeps on duplicating vaults everytime I sync a windows computer

Every time I try to sync a Microsoft computer it creates a new vault into the vault I'm syncing. I don't know how exactly it happened and keeps on happening, but if I open the vault I have in my dropbox, it has another vault file inside; opening that vault inside, i find another vault and so on...all of the folders and subfolders contain the "default" folders.
I'm not able to figure out how to fix it and which vault to select for syncing, some of them are empty and some others have only a part of the items I saved, and every time I try to sync with one of them, it creates one more inside of the last one. On a mac computer it doesn't seem to happen, the app is just asking me to merge all the items and then it works just fine, even if the sync vault looks really messy in anyway.
I know it looks super confused but it's really a complicated issue to explain, even more as I have no clue on what is exactly happening and why. One possible solution could be to find a way to merge all of the items which are inside all the vaults, so to have only one that is complete and delete the others, but I think that every time I'll try to sync a Microsoft computer it is going to create another vault in the vault and again and again..

1Password Version: 6, 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest versions of Mac OS and Microsoft Windows
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:vault duplicates

Comments

• Hi @saveriosodano! Welcome to the 1Password Support Community.

It sounds like you may be attempting to merge an existing standalone vault in 1Password 7 for Windows to another one saved in Dropbox. That isn’t currently possible, and it will create an additional 1Password.opvault file one level down, as you’ve found out. This can happen when you first set up 1Password 7 for Windows with an empty standalone vault and attempt to sync an additional one later.

So that we can help you consolidate your data into a single vault, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your main computer and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at your 1Password setup.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this community discussion.

Looking forward to seeing your email!

This discussion has been closed.