Are there any plans on an extension for Mozilla, for chrome os?

Options
djblais
djblais
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I am using it fine on Chrome browser, but there is no extension for Firefox.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Are there any plans on an extension for Mozilla, for chrome os?

Comments

• Hey @djblais. Thanks for reaching out to us! We do have a 1Password Firefox add-on. You'll be able to install it from here: 1Password X – 🦊 Firefox Add-On. Give that a try and let us know if you have any trouble.

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options

Seems i may be naive, I am using a chrome book. How can I install the app from the Firefox link?

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options

Attached is a screenshot of my Chrome OS Firefox about, may help

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@djblais – The link Chantelle provided is the link to the browser extension in Firefox. However, I haven't heard of the possibility of installing Firefox on a Chromebook. Is Firefox Daylight an app in the Chrome app store? Do you know if you're able to install extensions in Firefox Daylight?

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, Firefox is an app from the Chrome store, and yes it does allow extensions.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@djblais – Can you try searching for 1Password X in the Firefox Add On Gallery? Do you see 1Password listed as an extension available to download? I'm honestly not sure if the store is separate in Firefox Daylight or not, so I'm hoping you can test it out for me and report back. I'm super curious!

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options

No. There is no extension for 1password for Firefox.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @djblais ,

From a quick read, I understand that Firefox Daylight is an Android browser. Our extensions are designed for desktop browsers only.
    I suggest you try to install the original Firefox as a linux app instead of installing it from Google's Play Store (which is basically Android apps).

If you do manage to install Firefox (and not Firefox Daylight), you will then be able to install 1Password X from Firefox's add-ons gallery.

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, ag_yaron

I was hoping for a different solution, but I understand. Thank all of your support team, all my queries were replied to very quickly.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you have the option to install the desktop version of Firefox, I'd go with that, but then again, I'm not aware of the technical differences between the Android version and the desktop version of Firefox.

In any case, we're here to help if you require further assistance with anything :+1:

This discussion has been closed.