1Pasword Synch Failed -Delay in synching fault message on Macbook Pro

Options
Neocybersailor
Neocybersailor
Community Member

I have current updated versions of 1Password on my Macbook Pro, iPad, and iPhone. I have use dWLAN for synching passwords between them for years without problems. Early this morning when I tried to do a synch between the three, I got the following fault message on my Macbook Pro "SYNCH PROBLEM Synch failed: There was a delay in synching of 5 minutes that exceeded the maximum of 0 minutes". The fault message appears on the Macbook regardless of whether I try to synch with the iPad or iPhone.
Last time I synched was 4 days ago without issue , and there have been no OS software updates to either of the devices in the interim (they all have the current updated OS versions). Appreciate if you could provide me assistance ASAP in correcting, as I am trying to synch passwords prior to migrating to a new iPhone I purchased.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.7
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:synch failed

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Neocybersailor!

It sounds like there is something going on in your network that is preventing 1Password from completing the wireless sync. Unfortunately we don't have visibility into how your local network is configured, so our troubleshooting ability is a bit limited if you decide to sync your data using the WLAN server. We have however prepared a troubleshooting guide with some suggestions on how to address the most typical issues with this sync method:

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

Can you please give those a try and see if they help?

• Neocybersailor
    Neocybersailor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. Rebooted the MacBook and that seemed to clear the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Neocybersailor! I am glad to hear that a reboot fixed this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.