1Password is taking control of all Autofill option in Chrome???

Options

Hi there,

I would like to use 1Password to autofill my passwords and addresses, but use Chrome's Google Pay to fill credit cards, but it seems 1Password is taking control of all autofill features in Chrome, so if in order to disable 1Password on payment methods only, I'd need t to disable it completely.

Is there any way to make 1Password control passwords and addresses, but let me use Google Pay for the payments?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gespinha!

If you open 1Password X > Settings, you can uncheck the option named Make 1Password the default password manager. You will now be able to customize the filling settings in Chrome based on your preferences.

• gespinha
    gespinha
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana! I've disabled the "Make 1Password the default password manager" option but I can't find any way to customize what I use for passwords, addresses or payments in Chrome.

Can you help me find that option so I can customize my aufilling app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gespinha:

All of this can be configured in your Chrome settings: chrome://settings/

Select the relevant options under the Autofill section, and enable/disable the functionality in Chrome as you see fit.

• gespinha
    gespinha
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Once I disabled the "Make 1Password the default password manager" option in 1Password I can't add 1Password to the passwords Autofill in Chrome manually and the only options I see are options to enable Chrome's password manager.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gespinha:

You don't need to add 1Password there, 1Password X will continue doing its job as previously. If you give it a try now you will see that it will continue working even if it's not your default choice anymore.

The difference is only that now you can choose whether you want to allow Chrome to handle passwords, payment methods or addresses separately from 1Password, which I think is what you are trying to do:

Is there any way to make 1Password control passwords and addresses, but let me use Google Pay for the payments?

So in your case, simply enable the option to let Chrome manage your credit card and payment information :+1:

• gespinha
    gespinha
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Got it! But still, this is a problem, because 1Password's dropdown keeps showing up at the same time as Google's. Is there no way to prevent the 1Password popup from ever showing up on payment forms?

• Hey @gespinha. You can't turn off the 1Password inline menu for a specific type of field, but you can control whether it shows at all or whether it shows on field focus:

• gespinha
    gespinha
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_michaelc thank you for the information. I'll just have to use it this way then.

• You're welcome! The decision is yours, of course, but the best compromise for you might be to turn off that second toggle; that way, the inline menu is still available, but it's just a click away by needing to click the 1Password icon, rather than it automatically appearing when you click in a field.

Another option I forgot to mention is that if you click "Suggestions" in the inline menu, there's then a "Hide on this page" option, which will make the inline menu disappear for that domain for the remainder of that browser session. It's not permanent, but maybe that'll work better for you than turning off the inline menu altogether, while also presenting a way to not have two menus fighting each other. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.