Sync selected vaults

Options

Comments

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Quick question -- Using the subscription version, can you control which of your vaults are synced? With the perpetual version, I have to create a separate vault since the default vault gets synced whether I want it or not. One of my concerns is that for at least one of the vaults I would NOT want it to be synced with other devices (or, thus, copied to your server(s)). If I can pick which of my several vaults get copied to your servers (and which don't), I could consider this is an option in the future.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mork!

At the moment no, all vaults are synced by default.

With the perpetual version, I have to create a separate vault since the default vault gets synced whether I want it or not.

Even with a standalone license, syncing is not mandatory: if you prefer, you can simply disable sync for your Primary vault.

If I can pick which of my several vaults get copied to your servers (and which don't), I could consider this is an option in the future.

You can already do this with a combination of a 1Password account and a local vault. You add your 1Password account to the app and sync your vaults there, and you keep a local vault outside of the 1Password account, which is not synced anywhere.

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

So, with the subscription approach, I could create as many "local" vaults as needed that would not sync, correct?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Correct @Mork :+1:

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

So, the subscription version really isn't different from the perpetual version in functionality, just more convenient for those vaults you want to sync. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mork:

The subscription version actually has a lot more features that are not available with a standalone license, such as Travel Mode, Two-Factor Authentication (even with a Yubikey), item history, the 1Password web app, and more. You can see a summary of the features here:

About 1Password membership

Sync is just one of the features available with a subscription ;)

This discussion has been closed.