after update to 7.7 old version of data

Options
StreicherC
StreicherC
Community Member

How can I get the latest version of data after my update (stand alone version). When I open 1password 7.7 it only shows an older version of may data

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StreicherC! Welcome to the forum!

When you say "older version", how old do you mean?

• StreicherC
    StreicherC
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot precisely say. All I can see is that most of my data is there, but some of the recent entries are missing

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StreicherC:

What sync method are you currently using?

• StreicherC
    StreicherC
    Community Member
    Options

I used WLAN Synch with version 6. With version 7.7 i did not yet find out how to synch. On my iPhone there is the latest version of my 1Password data.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StreicherC:

With version 7.7 i did not yet find out how to synch.

WLAN sync preferences should be in the same place as before in the Mac app, if I remember correctly they were not moved:

How to use the WLAN server

• StreicherC
    StreicherC
    Community Member
    Options

Frankly, I do not understand your answer. What am i supposed to do to solve my problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StreicherC:

You wrote "With version 7.7 i did not yet find out how to synch." so I sent you the instructions on how to sync. Is that not what you were looking for?

• StreicherC
    StreicherC
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yes, thank you, now i found your advice, but .... I open 1Password, I go to Preferences, I click the icon WLAN-Server. In the window, where I should choose a "Tresor" there is only one (Primär) and I cannot choose it because it is grey

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StreicherC:

Would you be able to upload a screenshot of what you see on that window in the preferences? You can do it here on the forum if you click on the little image icon above the text area:

• StreicherC
    StreicherC
    Community Member
    Options

Can you see it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StreicherC:

Yes, thank you! There is no need to click on this vault because it's selected already, so there is nothing else for you to do in that window. So it looks like the configuration on the Mac is now complete.

Now you can open your 1Password for iOS app and sync your data with this WLAN server. Afterwards, your two devices should be in sync once again.

• StreicherC
    StreicherC
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your help. I still do not succeed in synching. I open 1Password for IOS, then preferences, then synch and the next window says: Setup synch. I click on that and next window tells me to start synch, next window ask me about the synch method. I choose WLAN-Synch. Now it tells me to open 1Password for Mac and choose "Fenster: WLAN synch, but there is no such a possibility, see screenshot

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StreicherC:

It sounds like your iOS device is simply not able to find your Mac. Unfortunately we don't have visibility into how your local network is configured, so our troubleshooting ability is a bit limited if you decide to sync your data using the WLAN server. We have however prepared a troubleshooting guide with some suggestions on how to address the most typical issues with this sync method:

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

Can you please give those a try and see if they help?

• StreicherC
    StreicherC
    Community Member
    Options

thanks again for your patience! Another question: I updated my 1Password on my Mac to 7.7, but i did not change anything on my iPhone. Do I have to update the software on the iPhone as well to make it work again properly? If I have to do so, am I sure not to loose any recent entry in my vault like I did an my Mac?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StreicherC:

You won't have to update the iOS app, because normally it is kept updated automatically by the App Store ;)

• StreicherC
    StreicherC
    Community Member
    Options

In the meantime I checked my local network. In the settings of my Fritzbox router both Mac and iPhone are active in the same network. I tried everything in the troubleshooting guide you sent me - no success. I have been using 1Password for a long time and always have been happy with it. But now I bought an update of 1Password for 67 € which came up with a at least 6 months old version of my data and I cannot synch the data with my iPhone. I am desperate!

This discussion has been closed.