1Password - Save Login keeps prompting

sbudhram
sbudhram
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi All,

I'm using 1Password for the first time on my Mac. I'm using it with Safari 14 on Catalina 10.15.6, with 1Password 7.7 Safari extension.

For multiple sites, I can save a password when I go through the login process, which is great.

However, when I try to use that password, it autofills, but 1Password prompts again to save the login, even though it has already saved it. It does this every time I try to login.

This happens on common sites, such as BankOfAmerica.com, Outlook.com, etc. I have a feeling it's because the actual URL of the website is slightly different each time because it has random query parameters in the URL string.

I've tried to manually edit the entries to remove that part of the query string (e.g. change https://login.live.com?queryblahblahblah to just https://login.live.com), but this doesn't work - it just prompts again next time to update the login/password.

I've seen some posts in the forum from 5-6 years back about this issue, surely it's been solved by now?

One more thing to mention - I even turned off 'Never autosave for this site' and it still pops up next time. The end result is that I ALWAYS have to close this silly popup window, which defeats the purpose of using this manager...

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sbudhram
    sbudhram
    Community Member

Quick update - Quitting 1Password completely and restarting it fixes the issue, but this seems unnecessary...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @sbudhram! I am glad to hear that relaunching 1Password once helped :) Please let us know if you start seeing this again.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• garyeb
    garyeb
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

I have over 200 hundred logins in my 1Password and the only one I have this 'Save Login' popup problem with is my Bank of America account in Safari. It works fine in Chrome. I simplified it to using just the root 'https://www.bankofamerica.com' URL but the problem remains. Restarting 1Password does NOT solve the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

What version of the 1Password app are you using @garyeb, and on what operating system?

• garyeb
    garyeb
    Community Member

1Password 7: Version 7.7 (70700015)
    Mac OS Big Sur: 11.2
    Safari: 14.0.3

I confirmed the problem again this morning. I also reconfirmed that it works fine with Chrome and Firefox. It appears to be a Safari-related issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@garyeb:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have researched this and I have found out that our developers are aware of this behavior on that website, so hopefully they will be able to have an update to address this soon :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#3005

• DaGreek211
    DaGreek211
    Community Member

I just want to add I have having the same issue for a few months now. Every time I sign into bankofamerica.com I am prompted by 1password to update the login but nothing has changed.

I tried deleting the login and recreating it and the problem still exist.

I'm using the following versions:

Safari: 14.0.3
    Mac OS: 11.2.2
    1Password: 7.7
    Safari Extension: 1password 7.7

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the additional information @DaGreek211, I have sent them to our developers :+1:

This discussion has been closed.