Sync Issues Between 1Password X in Chrome and 1Password App on Mac

It seems to be hit and miss for me regarding getting logins synced between the 1Password Mac application and Chrome's 1Password X extension.

I seem to have 2 vaults, a primary and a personal vault. Perhaps this the problem? I don't need two vaults. Can these be merged into one?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @JoeJoomla

The Primary is a left over from before your membership. Only the Personal vault will sync with 1Password X. It's best to remove the Primary to prevent confusion and data residing in one place and not the other.

If so, please follow these instructions.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Take care to make sure you have the correct version with the correct credentials in the Personal vault if you have multiples.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

Your device should now unlock with the same Master Password you use to access 1Password.com

• JoeJoomla
    JoeJoomla
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your reply and the good info.

I really appreciate it.

This will be my project for tomorrow.

• JoeJoomla
    JoeJoomla
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

one more thing...

In the 1Password desktop app preferences under the sync tab it only shows the primary vault. I don't see any option to sync the Personal vault. Same with the 1Password app on my iPhone, 'On iCloud' is showing the Primary vault.

So if I move all the items I need to the Personal vault and delete the Primary vault will my iPhone be able to sync using iCloud?

I do see the few items I have moved to the Personal vault and also notice that my Chrome browser has those items for use now. So is the iCloud sync redundant now?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JoeJoomla:

So if I move all the items I need to the Personal vault and delete the Primary vault will my iPhone be able to sync using iCloud?

There will be no need to sync with iCloud anymore: your Personal vault will sync with 1Password.com :+1:

I do see the few items I have moved to the Personal vault and also notice that my Chrome browser has those items for use now. So is the iCloud sync redundant now?

Correct, no need to use a second sync method anymore :)

• JoeJoomla
    JoeJoomla
    Community Member

@ag_ana - thank you very much for the confirmation. I'm feeling a lot better about this now. I have a much better understanding of how 1Password X works vs the other 1Password browser extension.

Also thanks again @ag_tommy for starting me on the right path here. I have a lot of work to do to clean up the unnecessary vault. What was really causing stress is using 2FA on sites and not having the 1Password login with the 2FA code appear in the browser extension. I had to keep going back to my iPhone for it. I'm posting this information in case anyone else is befuddled in this way.

• @JoeJoomla

You're welcome from the both of us. Thanks for posting you experience.

This discussion has been closed.