1PW7 hanging more in 2 months than in 9 yrs. Uninstall created new issue

Options
JapanMCJ
JapanMCJ
Community Member

1PW7 (on Mac OS 10.15.7) hangs (locks up). Only force quit or reboot gets it running again. In the last few days I have been editing the titles of some logins and it has locked up. Not sure if that is related. Lock up is issue #1. I deleted the app and added it back. Issue #2: It took a lot of my old logins (which I cleaned up over the past year or more) and put them back in my vault as if they are active. So it added over 100 logins that should not be there. And now my phone and ipad dbs are also messed up too!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 70700015
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1PW online sync
Referrer: forum-search:1password hangs

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JapanMCJ!

1PW7 hanging more in 2 months than in 9 yrs.

Can you please clarify what you mean by this exactly?

Lock up is issue #1.

Our developers are currently investigating similar reports, and the latest beta fixed this issue for many users, in case you would like to give it a try already:

Use 1Password beta releases

If you prefer to stay on the stable channel, the improvements will be release in one of the next updates.

Issue #2: It took a lot of my old logins (which I cleaned up over the past year or more) and put them back in my vault as if they are active.

By "cleaned up", do you mean that you moved them to the 1Password trash?

• JapanMCJ
    JapanMCJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the note. Re Issue 1:1PW locks up very often now (several times a week). Prior to the last 2 months (roughly), 1PW locked almost never (maybe once a year). I hope that clarifies. I might try the beta. As for issue #2; "cleaned up" means some items were moved to trash but mostly I mean that I edited the login (added or changed notes, changed PW, added or changed website, etc.). That issue seems to have corrected itself...perhaps the db sync from my new install was completed when I looked? So we can ignore issue #2.

• @JapanMCJ

If you give the beta a try please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.