Generate password with words symbols and numbers

7ka2
7ka2
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Why is it not possible to auto-generate a password that is ALL of the following:

• Memorable words
  • Capital letters
  • Numbers
  • Special characters

It is almost a default standard to have ALL of the above and not just what is currently possible in 1P: either numbers or symbols.

Am I missing something (I know I can do Random Password option, but I want the words)?

If there is a feature request for such a functionality, I'd appreciate a link to it so I can add my vote.

Thank you for any ideas in advance.

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:Generate password with words symbols and numbers

Comments

• Hey @7ka2. In a future update to 1Password (it might already be on your device by the time you read this!), there is a new separator option called Digits and Symbols which should then meet all your requirements. :smile:

• 7ka2
    7ka2
    Community Member

Hi @ag_michaelc,

Thanks for coming back this quick.

Just checked my current iOS 1Password is up to date and it doesn’t have that functionality.

Also, my original post was about 1password X add onto chrome and edge. Does this update that you mention cover those add-ons too?

Thank you for your help!

• Hey @7ka2. I was referring to 1Password X in your browser, since that was your screenshot and post category. :smile: But the option is available on iOS as well — if you switch the generator to the "Memorable" type, you should see that separator option.

• 7ka2
    7ka2
    Community Member

I see. Looking at the versions I am one version behind from the one on the Google Chrome store 1.23.0. Edge's store still has 1.22.3 as a current version. Will wait for things to sync.

Thank you for your help @ag_michaelc !

• ag_michaelc
    edited January 2021

You're welcome! Were you able to find that option in the iOS app?

We just released the new browser versions yesterday, and the different browser extension stores can sometimes take a little time for the extensions to go through their review processes, so you should see it in the near-ish future. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.