Standalone vault Attachments linked to Items during migration to 1Password Cloud?

Options
MacAdvisor
MacAdvisor
Community Member

Keep hoping that if I wait long enough (its been years already) -- that you'll add back Attachments for a First Class service -- not just "Documents as First Class Items" for your 1Password Cloud membership service.

My Vault has over 3300 items and over half -- yes, ~1750 of those have attachments. I use Software tracking extensively with several attachments for each Item. Further, I have hundreds of documents also attached to every category of Cards, Identities, etc.

I'll ask the proverbial question (again)...
Is there (as of now) a somewhat automated way to link Standalone vault Attachments to their Items either during or post migration to 1Password Cloud?

I've tried several times unsuccessfully and always encounter many, many broken orphan files.
Seems I may not live long enough to tag, rename, and link them all manually (as detailed in your Knowledge Base).

Every year (as I pay my 1Password renewal) I ponder this issue -- and wonder why I keep paying full-price for services I am unable to use as they lack features that I cherish, adore and depend on in older versions (or non-Membership implementations) of your app. Yes, I otherwise love your app and its many features -- but still request this Attachment feature be added back (or a rather painless migration Attachment auto-linking capability be delivered) so I may get value for money paid for a Membership which I have never been able to use.

TYVMIA!
MA

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: OS X 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:link documents to items at migration

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MacAdvisor!

We don't have anything to share about attachments, currently the supported solution is still using Document items. I have however let our developers know that you have requested this again for future consideration :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#82

• MacAdvisor
    MacAdvisor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

Its very frustrating to be forced to pay a recurring Membership subscription for an "upgraded" offering that has valued features removed making the "Membership" unusable.

Offering a Migration Utility to auto tag or easily link multiple Documents to a single Record would go a long way to remedying this omission.

I remain hopeful...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MacAdvisor:

I am sorry that using documents instead of attachments has made the Membership unusable to you. I am still hoping that you are finding the additional features that come with a Membership useful however.

This discussion has been closed.