Why does my password change when I save an entry?

Options
marck
marck
Community Member

Hi!

I created a new entry in my 1Password app on my iPhone, a web site login, and I had 1Password create a secure password. Then I saved the new entry.

When I go back and look at the entry and reveal the password, it's a different password than the one it originally set up.

Any idea why it does this? Any fix/workaround?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 14.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Why does my password change when I save the entry?

Comments

• marck
    marck
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, the exact same issue happens on my wife's iPhone. I can replicate it consistently. Let me know if you want a video of it.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @marck!

I created a new entry in my 1Password app on my iPhone, a web site login, and I had 1Password create a secure password. Then I saved the new entry.

I did exactly the same on my iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 14.4 installed.

When I go back and look at the entry and reveal the password, it's a different password than the one it originally set up.

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. I tried to create more than 1 account in that way you described above. But when revealing the saved password it is always the random password I generated with 1Password.

The only thing that is different is that I'm using a 1Password membership. :(

• @marck

Sure, you can send us a video. Make sure it does not contain sensitive information. If you prefer, you can send it to us via email for a one on one discussion using support@1password.com and include it in your message. Please do not use a share link.

• marck
    marck
    Community Member
    Options

Done! Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marck:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: YDJ-63345-666

This discussion has been closed.