Secret Key not recognized

Options
nundaboy
nundaboy
Community Member

As a family manager I have recovered my wife's account by regenerating a new Secret Key which she received and accepted, changing her Master Password for the new Key. When she to logs in on with her Chrome browser on her Mac computer to https://my.1Password.com she has no problem. However; when logging in via the 1Password app on her Mac she is not able to get in. Checking the 'Accounts' tab on the apps 'Preferences' tab reveals the old Secret Key. I do not know how to fix the app so it recognizes the new Secret Key and Master Password.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@nundaboy

Please ensure that you can log in to https://my.1password.com and know the Master Password. Also print out a copy of the Emergency Kit if you have not already done so. When you are ready to proceed, use the instructions below to reset the Mac app and allow it to be setup anew.

1. Open or bring 1Password to the front.

2. Click on Help (at the very top of the screen to the right of the Apple icon) > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. You will be asked to type in a code, and you need to copy it as is, hyphens included.

3. Click on Delete Data and Start Over. * This only removes local data and doesn't affect your membership. At this point, 1Password will quit and disappear off your screen.

4. Open 1Password again on your Mac, and there will be two choices - New to 1Password? Or Used 1Password before?

• For 1Password.com memberships: Under 'Used 1Password before' select 1Password.com option, sign into the account.

• If you are present with previous account and secret key, use the option to sign into a different account.

• nundaboy
    nundaboy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much. Followed the directions and everything worked fine. Appreciate the fast response. We love using 1Password!!

• You're welcome. Thank you for being part of our rather large family. We love you too!

This discussion has been closed.