Several annoying issues on my mac

williamanderson
williamanderson
Community Member

Over the last few months, when I use comd-backslash I get the mini app but it is at the 'welcome to ...' and I have to scroll around to find the login information. At first this was not a big deal but it is still annoying as it is doing this for more and more websites now.

Additionally, I tried to change a password with the worst luck. I actually tried to change my twitter password as the instructions outlined. I put in the old password and use the 'suggested' new password, and hit save. Twitter website says the new password is saved but I am not offered any way to update my login credentials in 1Password, and, I can't copy the new password either. Consequently I have to fumble around in the app and find the password and correct time stamp in order to log in again. I followed the instructions exactly even using Twitter but for some reason it just doesn't work.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @williamanderson!

Over the last few months, when I use comd-backslash I get the mini app but it is at the 'welcome to ...

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

I followed the instructions exactly even using Twitter but for some reason it just doesn't work.

Our developers are investigating some issues similar to this with the classic browser extension, so it is possible you might have encountered the same bug. Can you confirm what version of the 1Password browser extension you are using?

• williamanderson
    williamanderson
    Community Member

I'm using the browser extension with Safari Version 14.0.2 (16610.3.7.1.9). This is the dialogue box I get after Comd backslash .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@williamanderson:

Thank you! That is a Secure Note item that is created by default in a new 1Password account when you create one. If you want to remove it, you can delete it from your vault :+1:

• williamanderson
    williamanderson
    Community Member

Thank you, I guess my original point was not clear. Before when I hit comd backslash it would just fill in the log in info, now I am presented with this dialogue box and then I have to find the login info.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@williamanderson:

Do you have any items inside your 1Password vault with canadapost.ca as the value of the website field? That window appears when 1Password cannot find any Login item that matches the website you are on, so it leaves the choice to you.

• williamanderson
    williamanderson
    Community Member

Yes that makes sense, it's just that it started to happen more often lately. I can deal with it.

Thanks for your time. @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @williamanderson! Please keep us posted in any case, and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.