subscription popup

clausbvc
clausbvc
Community Member

I found this that came close, but not providing the instructions I need. Could you send it to me? Have an old subscription account I dropped instead to by the 1password7. But the subscription popup still comes up. How to remove?

I have copied in the old Q&A, but how to sign out from something I do not have?

Old user question:
I have been a long time 1Password user. I have licenses for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. I use Dropbox for syncing, exclusively.
At some point, I must have erroneously signed up for this subscription popup thing not knowing it was creating a new vault and all this other stuff. I've since deleted the vault in question (leaving only my Dropbox vaults) but I still get a pop up every single time I open the app. Further, I have to do some strange back and forth button pushing in order to get out of it (the Back button is initially hidden).
I now have a popup that reminds me that my trial has expired.
I tried searching the forum but couldn't find much in the way of clear step by step instructions. I apologize in advance if I missed it.
I'm looking for a step-by-step method for completely getting rid of any and all upsell notifications and dark UX patterns in the apps I've paid for.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: All
Sync Type: Dropbox

Hi @Vocino,
Thanks for taking the time to write in.
If your apps are still signed into your account, and your account is frozen, you'll continue to receive such messages. You can resolve this by signing out of your account.
On Mac this is done under 1Password > Preferences > Accounts.
On iOS this is done in the 1Password app under Settings > 1Password Accounts.
On Windows you'll need to make sure you're using 1Password 4 for Windows, which does not support accounts. 1Password 6 for Windows is only available with an account.
On Android the option is in the menu under Settings > 1Password Accounts.
I've sent you a separate email that you can use to delete your account.
Thanks!
Ben
ref: B5BO 699591

Best Claus

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:problem

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @clausbvc! Welcome to the forum!

If you open the 1Password app and go to Preferences > Accounts tab, is your old subscription account still listed there?

• clausbvc
    clausbvc
    Community Member

Yes, I see it a frozen account.
    The big question is how to get rid of that :-)
    It is only on my laptop I see the problem and not my stationary computer. I guess I must have done something differently between the two.

Best Claus

• @clausbvc

Open the 1Password app and go to Preferences > Accounts tab and select the Frozen account in the left-hand column. Then click the "-" at the bottom of the box to remove the account from the device.

• Be sure to select the account you want to remove. Not any others you may have.
  • clausbvc
    clausbvc
    Community Member

Voilá, thanks a lot.
    Claus

• You're welcome. :chuffed:

• clausbvc
    clausbvc
    Community Member

Hmm, the popup just returned, even if there is no account shown now. Mac also restarted.
    A copy of popup attached.
    So any suggestions on how to fix? If I click the popup "already have a membership", an account is found. (Attached). I thinks that the reference to this account needs deletion from somewhere. Where is it located?

Best Claus

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@clausbvc:

Can you confirm that you have activated the 1Password app with a license already, after you removed the previous account from the Preferences? You can check the license status in the 1Password 7 > License... menu:

As to how to remove the old account information, please see this post.

• clausbvc
    clausbvc
    Community Member

I tried something else. The 1Password app did not show the license entry, why I downloaded and installed it 7.7 again.
    Now license is shown, and popup gone :-)
    Thanks for persistence on your end.

Best Claus

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@clausbvc:

You probably downloaded the app from the Mac App Store the first time (which does not support licenses, only 1Password Memberships), and now you downloaded it again from our website instead ;) Thank you for the update!

This discussion has been closed.