Feature Request for Global Settings

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I would like to see the following features have a global 1Password setting.

1. Never ask or try to save Identities.

2. Never save or ask to save credit card information.

For my usage these two "features" are very annoying. I would like my password manager to be just that; user names and passwords.

Thanks for listening.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700016) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: OSX 11.1 (20C69)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @S13!

Can you please share with us the steps you are following to make 1Password prompt you to save an identity or a credit card item? Until now, I have only been able to get the 1Password prompt to appear for Login items, so I would be curious to know what process you are following.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi Ag, actually I do not have to do anything but put the curser in the field that is looking for that information. If I am making a purchase on a website that I have already logged into with 1Password, when I put in my identity information ( name, address, zip code, telephone number), 1 Password "pops up" asking to save the information. The same is true when I type in credit card information. This behavior is also true if I have not logged into a website but I am checking out as a guest.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

This behavior appears to be connected to the setting , Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field. Still testing a bit.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@S13:

If I am making a purchase on a website that I have already logged into with 1Password, when I put in my identity information ( name, address, zip code, telephone number), 1 Password "pops up" asking to save the information.

Can you please share with us a URL where this is happening, so we can test it too?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I would really like to but you would not be able to access as they are usually the last or next to the last page during checkout. I have tried turning out the inline menu, but it does not seem to help. The problem gets even worse when the website use a system that gives suggestions from your address as you start to type in your address. Now you cannot select the one the website has suggested. I am sure that some of the problems come from the fields not being coded properly. Therefore, I would again like to request this settings.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@S13

If you right-click the page and select "Hide 1Password on this page" does that allow you to proceed?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Good question. I will have to try and get back to you. Steve

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

ag_tommy. I am happy to tell you that your little trick works. Now, is this permanent for a website or is it temporary?

• @S13

Temporary. Until you restart your browser or you right-click and select Show 1Password on this page".

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

OK, then, I restate my request.

I would like to see the following features have a global 1Password setting.

1. Never ask or try to save Identities.
    2. Never save or ask to save credit card information.

Thanks.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

Noted!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#551

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thanks. 8-)

This discussion has been closed.