1Password 7.7 Not showing new security preferences

JayDee
JayDee
Community Member

When I first launch 1Password 7.7 on my mac running 11.1, and open the prefs, if I go to security, the window expands as if it will show the full set of new options but then reverts to the old pane starting with "display." No watch unlock or other new features are shown.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7 (I think)
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: not sure (1 password i think)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JayDee!

What model of Mac is this?

• JayDee
    JayDee
    Community Member

Mac mini... Probably 5 or 6 years old now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JayDee:

Thank you for the confirmation! I think based on the device you are using, it is correct that 1Password hides those settings for you. The question is why it is trying to show them to you in the first place :) Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior if you check the Preferences now?

• JayDee
    JayDee
    Community Member

That's disappointing since I'm running the latest version of MacOS. As for restarting, that's the only time it does this. I have to fully quit and restart 1Password to see it try and show me all the settings. After it's tried once then it doesn't do it again and only shows the limited settings until I the next time I launch it from scratch.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JayDee:

That's disappointing since I'm running the latest version of MacOS.

I am also on the latest version of macOS and this is not happening to me, so I don't think that the OS has something to do with this. I am however running the latest beta of 1Password 7, would you be willing to give that a try and see if this happens there too?

Use 1Password beta releases

This discussion has been closed.