IOS password change prompts hang

danroller
danroller
Community Member

In the last 2 or 3 months, all Safari prompts when changing passwords hang. Any website.
Touching the input fields freezes the window. No scroll, no keyboard, no paste.
Sometimes it eventually times out and I can enter the existing password, but then
hangs trying to get to the next password field. Often Safari blows out.
Sometimes rotating the device moves it along or kills Safari.

On Windows PC, there is no problems.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:IOS password change prompts hang

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danroller! Welcome to the forum!

I can't say that I have ever seen this on my device. Do you see the same behavior even when you are not trying to change a password, but only trying to login to a website?

• danroller
    danroller
    Community Member

It only occurs on a password change on an existing site or a new account . I’ve just reconfirmed that this morning.
    It occurs on all of our iPhone and iPad devices that we have checked.

It occurs on Safari but checking Chrome this morning with one site, Chrome doesn’t have the problem - seems slow but doesn’t hang. I rarely use Chrome on IOS. Perhaps I have a work around.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@danroller:

I have just tested this on a couple of websites, and I did not see this behavior on the password change pages, so I wonder if this is something specific to the websites you are testing. Can you please share the full URLs with us, so we can test them too?

• danroller
    danroller
    Community Member

It took forever to establish a new account on this community site, I’ll try changing password..

• danroller
    danroller
    Community Member

Yep, edit profile on this site, click change password, touched input field yields
    1) no keyboard
    2) can’t copy url
    3) rotate to portrait, and safari terminates

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@danroller

I am unable to reproduce your results. Is there anything else that you are doing that you can think of? Do you have any blockers installed on your device, such as 1Blocker? If so, I might suggest temporarily disabling them. I tried your steps on my iPad, as you mentioned switching from landscape to portrait. If you have not given your device a restart since the upgrade, I would also suggest giving that a try.

If you would like to send us a video of the steps you are taking, please use support@1passwword.com that will help to ensure your privacy and allow us to see if we are missing any steps. You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. danroller
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/118627/ios-password-change-prompts-hang#latest

• danroller
    danroller
    Community Member

Thank for the response and ideas.
    No add blockers. I’ve been rebooting between some tests.

I just tried clearing the Safari History and Website data on the iPad Mini 4 and the keyboard appeared after 10 seconds.
    Might just claim that as a victory!

Then I went to iPhone X, it blew out as before, then I turned off wifi, keyboard appeared in 10 seconds. Cleared Website History/Data, and keyboard appeared in 10 seconds.

I don’t know if 10 seconds is rational but at least it works and I can go back to other things.
    If you see that as normal, ...
    Thanks

• @danroller

You're welcome. I'm glad you have something that will work for you. If you want us to look into this more, please send that email. Though by your description, it does not sound as if it's a 1Password problem. Maybe something iOS related.

This discussion has been closed.