To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Vulnerable password

Options

Dear Sirs and Madames!

Today I received a warning that my password, which I have with 1 password with 35 digits (index: fantastic), is vulnerable. This password is contained in a database of published passwords. Please change your password immediately. Find out more about the haveibeenpwned.com service. After I copied the password on the relevant page from haveibeenpwned.com, the message came up that this password had not been hacked and is therefore perfectly fine.

I am a little confused and ask for clarification.
Mac: Big Sur.

Gruber Johann

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Johann_Gruber!

It sounds like this password was involved in a breach, and 1Password is suggesting that you change it. You can do it with these instructions:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

After I copied the password on the relevant page from haveibeenpwned.com, the message came up that this password had not been hacked and is therefore perfectly fine.

Did you by chance update your old password with the same password?

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Ms. Agana,

Thank you for your reply! To your question as to whether I have used the old password again, my answer is: no. I am still using the new password generated by 1Password with 35 digits (with upper and lower case letters, digits and special characters), which is still described in the index as fantastic. The funny thing is, this morning the password vulnerability warning is gone. Could it be that this was an erroneous report from 1Password in connection with the update to Big Sur that I did last week? But then the question still arises, why did the message about the vulnerability of the password only come a week later?

I would be very happy to hear from you. Greetings from Gruber Johann.

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Ms. Agana,
    I wrote to you today that I can no longer find an entry under vulnerable passwords. Unfortunately I have to correct myself! When I open 1Password from the Dock, this page appears in the sidebar under Vulnerable Passwords. But if I open the same page in the minibar, this password is displayed as normal and is not shown with a red bar !! Also in the Password field (selection field: compromised passwords) everything is green and cannot be found in vulnerable passwords haveibeenpowned.com! I also have no information from the operator of the site that there is a hacker attack! Hope I didn't cause too much confusion.

I would be very happy to hear from you. Greetings again from Gruber Johann.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Johann_Gruber:

Can you please share the URL of this website, so we can take a closer look? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.