Has anyone had issues with logins becoming invisible?

Options
westy
westy
Community Member

One of my logins that I use on a weekly basis has ‘disappeared’ on my ipad. It does appear on my iPhone though.
I recreated it on my ipad copying across the password from my iPhone and 1Password says that the password is a duplicate (all my passwords are unique). So it feels as if its there but not visible.
When I go back to my iPhone there are now 2 entries for this login.
Has anyone come across this before?
Any suggestions as to what I could do to track down this ‘invisible’ password please?
Obviously I have a workaround but I feel concerned that this could happened again.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 14.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @westy!

On your iPad, does this item show you if you manually search for it with the search bar?

Search 1Password to find what you need

• westy
    westy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the response. No, the item doesn’t appear on a manual search.

Richard.

• @westy

Do you see the same vaults on all of your devices? You also mentioned iCloud syncing in your opening comments. Have you give our iCloud troubleshooting steps a try?

• westy
    westy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Yes same vaults on all devices. I have checked steps 1-4 on the troubleshooting. I don’t think its an iCloud sync issue though, as I have set up test accounts on each device and these sync immediately. As I say its just knocked my confidence somewhat, but I have been able to recover the lost login by recreating it from the info held on 1Password account on my phone. I’ll continue to monitor an if this happens again will start further investigations.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @westy :+1: And if you find a way to reproduce this on demand, please let us know and we will be happy to test those steps.

This discussion has been closed.