Crowdsourcing favicons?

Options
alvarlagerlof
alvarlagerlof
Community Member

I'm loving that some popular services have high-res icons in 1password, but I'm missing icons in most cases. I've tried to manually change icons on some common sites, but that is time-intensive and bound to get outdated. Therefore I am asking, is there any possibility for you guys to provide some kind of git repository or something were we can help providing icons for the good of all 1password users? I suspect the icons are based on website urls in the background, but there could be some kind of simple process where we provide you with a screenshot of the navbar of the site or something to prove that the icon is correct. I'd love to help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @alvarlagerlof,

The only thing you (we) can do is to send icons together with their URLs to 1Password support.

For more information you can read here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/583154

Actually I collected more than 200 icons and added them to my entries. And I'm not done. ;)

• alvarlagerlof
    alvarlagerlof
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB Nice to see someone else caring about pretty icons. Sending emails to support might work but it seems that it would unnecessarily increase load on their end. That's why I was thinking about if there was a better way to crowdsource them.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

That's why I was thinking about if there was a better way to crowdsource them.

It is definitely a very good idea @alvarlagerlof. :+1:
    Let's see what 1Password people are saying. ;)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Once again I would like to suggest to use the twitter avatar if there is no good website favicon.

(though that might be hard to automate)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @XIII,

Often there is no icon or an account on Twitter for some websites. But yes, on my research for better icons I'm also looking on Twitter if I didn't find one on Google. ;)

This discussion has been closed.