Password filling on support.servicenow.com

Options
kennyvl
kennyvl
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Password filling on https://support.servicenow.com/hisp only works when I open the website from within 1Password.
When accessing the website directly (typing url in address bar / opening a saved favorite) the password fill does not work.

Clicking the button [Sign in] shows the field "User name", containing the 1Password auto-fill button but when clicking it, the field disappears.

I have tried this on Chrome and Safari, both have the same behaviour.

Opening the website from the 1Password browser extension, fills my user name and password after activating the field and succesfully fills the one-time password.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-6 (70701006)
Extension Version: Chrome: 1PX 1.22.3 / Safari: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-6 from 1Password 7
OS Version: MacOS Big Sur 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kennyvl 👋

I see exactly what you're saying. The sign in menu closes as soon as you click the 1Password icon. I'll get this on our developers' radar and see if there's anything we can do to improve the behavior on our side of things. For now, it sounds like you've found that filling by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar is working. That's what I discovered as well, so I'd suggest going that route in the meantime.

Thanks for reporting this to us!

ref: dev/core/core#4824

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I just found a valid work-around:
    When logging on through https://support.servicenow.com/hi_login.do 1Password password filling does work as expected.

Potentially this might help your developers in analysing the difference in elements/element behaviour on those pages.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @kennyvl .

Another workaround would be to click the "Sign in" button to show the username field, then click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and autofill form there! :chuffed:

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, only that it requires way more clicks as it doesn't offer the right website login.
    As a developer, I need it to be as simple as possible ;-)
    UX Matters

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kennyvl If it doesn't suggest the right website, then you probably have 1Password set to open to Favorites or All Items.
    Go to 1Password's settings and set it to open to Suggestions, which will make things a lot easier in most cases, since it will always show the relevant login for the webpage you're visiting.

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

As you'll notice, from the attached screenshot, 1PW does open to suggestions.

And yes, I have (multiple) items containing this website's URL

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

But that don't matter much, I hardly ever use this way of working and rely solely on the in-field 1PW auto-fill button.
    I have my work-around, for now, so let's try not to move away from the main topic.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @kennyvl .

If you add "https://" to the URL of these items, 1Password should suggest them when you're on the page (this was already fixed very recently in the beta so you should get that fix soon).

But yes, if you don't use 1Password that way, then no further action is needed :)

This discussion has been closed.