Dark mode in the new browser extension? (Firefox)

Options

Hey, I recently switched back over to 1Password for its reliability and really good syncing compared to some others I've used. I tried out the classic browser extension and I really love the dark mode it defaults to (since I have dark mode enabled in MacOS, I guess). The classic extension, however, has a less appealing layout and less functionality than the newer browser extension and I was wondering if it's possible to enable dark mode in the new extension. I can't find an option anywhere in the settings menu to do it. Is there a way to do it or is it a feature that's being worked on?

Also once I remove the classic extension the desktop app nags me to add 1Password to firefox instead of showing me the mini popout menu and I'm not sure how to get rid of that.

1Password Version: version 7.7
Extension Version: version 1.23.0
OS Version: MacOS 11.1
Sync Type: 1Password native

Comments

• @username_here

The extension you have installed in your browser is 1Password in the browser, not the classic extension. It does not integrate directly with the Mac app, where the classic extension does. The newer extension is capable of working independently without the Mac app. With that said, the 1Password helper at the top our your screen has no knowledge of the newer 1Password extension. That is why you see the message to add the extension.

1Password in the browser has its own pop up for suggestions within the browser. That being Shift + Command + X

I am not aware of a way to have the newer extension appear in a Dark theme. I could get behind that feature myself. Late last year, what was formerly 1Password X lost the ability to use Desktop App Integration (Touch ID). We hope to bring that feature back. Perhaps the code update will bring Dark theming with it. I have no knowledge, just my secret hopes and musings. :lol:

• username_here
    username_here
    Community Member
    Options

I hope dark mode comes to the new extension soon. Dark mode is something I kinda just expect to be built into everything at this point, especially with a premium service such as 1Password. The light mode makes things less legible when contrasting with the rest of the OS which is in dark mode. Looking forward to the future updates!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @username_here! :+1:

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

I would love to see Dark Mode in the Browser Extension. :)

This discussion has been closed.