Custom name of authorized devices in my.1password.com

Options

This is feature request.
May I rename and change icons of items of Authorized Devices list (in 1Password web interface (my.1password.com) > My Profile > Authorized Devices)?

Currently, the list is confusing because

• Unlike 1Password application, browser extensions do not show their device name, just showing their browser name and OS. This means, for example, browsers in several Macs cannot be distinguished.
  • All pseudo-Chrome browsers according to the user agent (like Brave, Vivaldi) displays Chrome, so we cannot tell which “Chrome” are Brave, Vivaldi, or true Chrome.

By the confusing list, we can mistakenly deauthorize devices. The last active time of devices are only help of distinguishing.
We cannot get device name or true browser name from Web API, thus renaming device names like Firefox Sync seems the best solution. Also, for pseudo-Chrome browsers, changing icons is needed.

In addition, Microsoft Edge icon in the list looks like legacy logo, so could you change it for new one?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:1Password web

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @akimi!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#401

This discussion has been closed.