Can a 1P login be used to fill out a form that isn't a login?

Options

I am going to have to fill out a form regularly (at https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=assocmin&id=55), and I was hoping 1P could be used to fill out the fields that are invariable.

I tried to follow the advice given here (https://1password.community/discussion/100978/cannot-manually-create-new-login-with-chrome-and-1px-browser-extension), and filling in my first name in the username field and my last name in the password field. When I tried that, 1P filled in the first name in the email field...

So, is there a way I can manually create the entries needed to have 1P fill in some of the info on that form, or is that stretching 1P's capability past the breaking point?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @camner!

This is what I see when I try to visit the URL you shared:

Can you please double check that it's the correct one?

• camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about that. The problem is that in the link I sent there is a closing parenthesis as part of the link, and that shouldn't be there. The link should be https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=assocmin&id=55

That should work.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @camner ,
    Thanks for the working link.

I tested it and saw that a regular identity item should autofill the following:

• First name.
    • Last name.
    • Email.
    • Home/Cell/Work phone.

That's what a standard identity item was designed for. If you don't have an identity item yet, here's how to create one:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser (might be hiding inside a little puzzle piece icon) to open 1Password and unlock it if needed.
    3. Click the big PLUS icon to reveal the menu and select "Identity" from the list of options.
    4. Fill in as many details and fields as you'd like there, then save your new identity item. Now you'll be able to use it whenever you need to autofill your personal information in websites.

As for the other fields, with some tinkering around I was also able to autofill the "Date worked" and "Hours worked" fields, but I think these vary every time you need to fill the form, is it not? Would you like to be able to autofill these fields or should we leave them be for now?

The other fields are not fillable by 1Password since they are dropdowns or text areas.
    Let me know if an identity item makes things easier for you.

• camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I should have thought of using an identity. And, you are right that Hours worked and Date worked will be variable, so there is no point in having them filled in by 1P.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear that worked well for you :)

This discussion has been closed.