Trash keeps refilling with emptied items

dmittman
dmittman
Community Member

The Trash seems to repeatedly refill with emptied items. I assume that the items are being synced across Dropbox. I haven't watched carefully enough to try to narrow down the timing, but I empty the Trash, and then sometime later, most, if not all, the emptied items are back in the Trash. It's not a huge deal -- just mildly annoying. (Glad the same thing doesn't happen in my house with my physical trashcans!)

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 10.15.7 (19H512)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password trash sync

Comments

• @dmittman

Have you tired emptying the trash from a different device? This sounds like an issue the developers have been made aware of. We've only had a very few reports of this behavior.

I agree, I am so thankful my house does not do something similar. :lol:

ref: dev/apple/issues#4850

• Merak75
    Merak75
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

I just emptied the trash (400+ items) and 16 of them keep reappearing. They just won't go away. This is on a MBP macOS 11.2.3

I did try emptying the trash form all 3 of my Mac devices. Tomorrow I will try from my Windows PC.
    My vaults are on Dropbox if that makes a difference.
    Also, I noticed that the 16 that keep coming back are software licenses

• Merak75
    Merak75
    Community Member

So, all the ones that kept reappearing had attachments. I restored them, deleted the attachments, saved. Then deleted them and emptied the trash and now the trash stays empty.
    Hope this helps

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing this with the community @Merak75! I am glad that the trash is staying empty for you now, but I have however also let our developers know that you encountered this behavior :+1:

This discussion has been closed.