To login to Amazon app I am asked for the master password three times!

argelrr
argelrr
Community Member

Hello!

I've been using the android app for a couple weeks with minor annoyances. One of them is regarding loging in to the Amazon app.
The login appears in three steps: First screen for username, second for password and third for OTP.
Because 1Password does not recognize the three screens as only one login attempt, I need to unlock the 1Password app 3 times using my master password. This is one of the few instances where relying on 1Password makes things more annoying than before. I would be nice if the app "remembered" that it was unlocked 2 seconds ago and allow me to fill in the second and third screens.

I didn't find a previous report on this so I open it here.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @argelrr, thank you for reaching out to us on the Forum!

Unfortunately, Amazon has a known Autofill issue. If you leave Autofill turned off and Accessibility turned on, filling will work as expected again. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our developers.

In regards to unlocking 1Password, can you go to your 1Password app > Settings > Security > Turn off Lock on exit? With Lock on exit turned off, 1Password will stay unlocked as long as it is running in the background, and you won't be asked for your Master Password multiple times during one Login.

On the other hand, I'd recommend enabling Biometric Unlock instead, so you can use your face or fingerprint to unlock 1Password as opposed to your Master Password: https://support.1password.com/android-biometric-unlock/.

Let me know how that goes!

This discussion has been closed.