Forest App - No 1P popup

Options
Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hi,
I installed and registered me with the Forest App (https://www.forestapp.cc/) on my iPhone. But there was no 1Password popup which offered me to save my login credentials.
Maybe do you know what I can do?
Thanks

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @Philipp,

As I know there is no popup on iOS for saving new logins. You have to manually click the key-button and create the login manually.

For more information you could read here: https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/#fill-and-save-passwords

Hope this helps. If you have further questions just ask. ;)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DenalB
    Thanks! It seems I'm still living in my Android world and iOS is a little bit different (what I have not realized yet). ;)

I have added the login for this app manually now. Do you know and possibility to make a link between the app and 1Password? I added the URL in 1Password too, but for the login I have to search manually in my vault. There is no suggestion inside 1Password.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Philipp!

I added the URL in 1Password too, but for the login I have to search manually in my vault. There is no suggestion inside 1Password.

This is indeed a problem with the iOS 1Password app. It sometimes doesn't detect apps, although you saved the website URLs in the entries. For me actually I set specific logins as favorites in the 1Password app. That means, that these entries will stay on top of the suggestion list if the login is not detected successfully. So you don't have to search for these credentials.

I remember that long time ago I used 1Password on Android and when creating credentials for apps there were IDs for these apps saved into the matching entries. I think that these IDs always stay the same, so you could use detections on other Android devices, too. On iOS different IDs for apps are created for every device. That makes it possible to detect apps which doesn't use a website URL for detection. But as I wrote it was a long time ago, and I don't know if this is still the behavior on Android.

Maybe someone from 1Password knows how it actually works on Android and why this isn't working on iOS.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, 1Password for iOS does this in a similar way, although the app itself must support associated domains for this to work out of the box:

Supporting Associated Domains - Apple.com

@Philipp: in cases like these, we normally recommend reaching out to the developers of the app to request they implement this feature. Hopefully if enough customers do that, they will take this into consideration :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana
    Thanks for your feedback.
    So the best would be if Apple would introduce this as mandatory for all apps with login option in App Store.. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That would be very nice indeed @Philipp :)

This discussion has been closed.