Adding a "Suggestion" to a 1Password entry

Options
rangerrick
rangerrick
Community Member

Hello -

When I hit Command+\ to launch 1Password to fill in credentials for Cisco AnyConnect, it shows at the top "Suggestions - ciscoanyconnectclient" (or something similar). There are no results, and instead I need to use the search box to find the credentials.

Is it possible to add the "ciscoanyconnectclient" suggestion to the proper 1Password entry?

I have tried adding the text to the "websites" entry, as well as other tags and in the notes, but still no luck.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @rangerrick,

if you put a website value of app://com.cisco.anyconnect.gui on your login item does that change?

• rangerrick
    rangerrick
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rudy

That worked! Thanks!

Is there a trick to knowing what value to use for the URL?

• @rangerrick,

If you're comfortable trying Script Editor.app you can paste this in and replace Finder with whichever application you're looking for (if it doesn't recognize the name it'll prompt you to pick it). If you hit the play button at the top you should end up with a Result.

id of application "Finder"

• rangerrick
    rangerrick
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks again!

• On behalf of Rudy, you're welcome.

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Does it work with iOS apps as well?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

On iOS, it's the developers of the apps themselves who must add this information (this is done using the associated domains feature).

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

That is good to know, thank you @ag_ana
    Is there an index of apps to lookup what each of them uses? Does 1Password match these with apps when the domain is known of an app like the fav icons?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

Is there an index of apps to lookup what each of them uses?

My understanding is that an app either supports associated domains, or it doesn't. If 1Password is able to show relevant logins, it means that the feature is there. Otherwise, we normally recommend reaching out to the developers of the app to request they implement this feature. Hopefully if enough customers do that, they will take this into consideration :)

Otherwise, Does 1Password match these with apps when the domain is known of an app like the fav icons?

Correct :+1:

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Great, I’ll start email app developers when it doesn’t work :) @ag_ana thank you for all the clarifications

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @MONKi1P :) For now, have a great weekend then!

This discussion has been closed.