Can't log in, password not accepted after writing it down

Options
TAS55
TAS55
Community Member

Stopped using 1Password but decided to use it once again. I had written my password down for 1Password but have tried to login once again and it won't accept it. I know you can't reset etc so I am assuming that I no longer can use 1Password again unless I change my email address and start again with a new account. Am I correct in this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't log in, password not accepted after writing it down

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TAS55!

That's correct :+1: For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you:

Recover accounts for family or team members

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

This discussion has been closed.