Mixing 1Password and 1Password7 seems to cause problems

Options
hansdrenth
hansdrenth
Community Member

Working on a MacBook Pro. Using both 1Password and 1Password7 seems to get things mixed up. When I enter a password on a website it seems as if the older version pops up and then the popup window stays empty. Which version am I to use and how to get rid of the older version? Without losing my password info...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Big Sur 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @hansdrenth!

1Password 7 is the app downloaded from our website, 1Password is the one downloaded from the Mac App Store. You only need one of the two: you can choose which one you want to keep using, but you are right that you should use only one, and drag the other to the trash :+1:

• hansdrenth
    hansdrenth
    Community Member
    Options

thanks ag_ana

one more thing: when I try to trash 1Password7 my Mac tells me it can't because it is opened (it is not). Any tips?

• hansdrenth
    hansdrenth
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I should not have been allowed to download the web version while having the app store version already installed

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hansdrenth:

If 1Password tells you that it's open, 1Password mini is probably still running in the menu bar. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and see if you can now move the app to the trash?

• hansdrenth
    hansdrenth
    Community Member
    Options

that did the trick - thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @hansdrenth! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.