Lost master password, have secret key — where do I enter it?

Options
inertm
inertm
Community Member

Master password not working. I guess I forgot. I have a subscription — individual account. I have my secret key ready to go but when I seclect my account to try to relogin, it doesn’t ask me for my secret key. I’ve emailed support but they must be on holiday — it’s taking too long. DoI need them to do some kind if reset? I’ve tried logging in through the browser too. Same same. I also have 2fa configured. I thought it would have kicked in and asked me for my yubikey. No luck there either. Wtf.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Pad IOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member
    Options

Master password not working. I guess I forgot. I have a subscription — individual account. I have my secret key ready to go but when I seclect my account to try to relogin, it doesn’t ask me for my secret key. I’ve emailed support but they must be on holiday — it’s taking too long. Do I need them to do some kind if reset? I’ve tried logging in through the browser too. Same same. I also have 2fa configured. I thought it would have kicked in and asked me for my yubikey. No luck there either. I posted this in IOS too.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: pad IOS
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member
    Options

Pls disregard, I remember my master password and am back in.
    According to a previous answered post I saw, you need your master password and secret key.

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member
    Options

Pls disregard, I remember my master password and am back in.
    According to a previous answered post I saw, you need your master password and secret key.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Suggest you create, print, and fill out an Emergency Kit then save it in a secure place.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @inertm! I am glad to hear that you managed to remember your Master Password :+1:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.