Suggestion: Share objects without having to create a vault.

Options
Mattis
Mattis
Community Member

Hello people,

I have a suggestion for 1Password families: It would be great if you can easily share an object with another person who is also in the same 1Password family without having to create a new vault.

I have the problem that I share an object with one person, but I don't want to share it with the whole family. I know I could just create a vault, but I want to have as few vaults as possible because too many vaults creates confusion.

I imagine it like this, you click on an object and then click on "Share with a family member" after that you are supposed to tick the person you want to share this object with. After selecting the person and clicking "Next" 1Password should ask what permissions the person should have to share the object with. There you could define if the person is allowed to edit the object or not and if the password can be shown.

I could imagine some kind of sharing center where it can be viewed which objects I share and which objects are shared with me.

I like it minimalistic and discreet.

I am happy to hear your thoughts on this idea.

Have a great day.

Thanks for reading.

Mattis

1Password Version: 1Password 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mattis!

Thank you for the suggestion! The good news is that our Business accounts already have something similar, so we are aware that this is something that could be useful. I have therefore passed your feedback to the developers :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#210

• Mattis
    Mattis
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much! @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @Mattis :)

This discussion has been closed.