Turn off Rich Icons

Options

Hereby I ask for the possibility to disable the loading of the rich icons in the browser extension for Chrome to prevent anyone from using rich icons to learn what I store in 1Password.
https://support.1password.com/rich-icons-privacy/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ugafta ,
    Thank you for your suggestion!

There's already such a feature report on our developers' radar, so I've added your request to it.
    I appreciate you writing to us about this. Thank you very much!

ref: dev/core/core#1917

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_yaron
    Are you making any progress on this issue?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't have any updates on this @ugafta, sorry!

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana @ag_yaron
    Regardless, could you add another +1 for this improvement to your feature request list? - Hopefully this will help prioritize this sooner.
    Most privacy for a password manager should be provided!

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Done @ugafta :+1: :)

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

@ag_yaron I'm looking even at 1Password Browser Extension - Beta Release Notes and still nothing. One month after opening this thread, there are still no initial approaches to solve this PRIVACY problem?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My apologies @ugafta ,
    I'll consult our security and privacy team to see if this can be prioritized if this is indeed a security/privacy issue.

Thanks for bumping it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

In addition, I just want to quote one of the paragraphs from our rich icons privacy article you linked to here:

We remove and do not store personally identifiable information. We only receive requests for icons the cache server doesn’t have. We log each request so we know which icons to add, but only after we remove everything except the domain or software license title. This way, none of the information we store can connect an icon request to a specific person or computer.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron For this please have a look at Rich Icons Privacy Concern

If your keychain includes private addresses, say from a corp network, or you simply don't want Agilebits to know all your URL hostnames you'd want to disable this feature.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ugafta ,

Just wanted to update you that we will try to push this to our priority list as best we can.
    Thanks for checking up on it.

ref: dev/core/core#1917

This discussion has been closed.