Repeated Prompts to Save Login - Update Existing

Options
LeonaM
LeonaM
Community Member

I've just switched to 1Password and am still in the free trial period. I've an M1 MacBook and am using Safari. When I change a password on a website, the 1Password Save Login box pops up giving me the option of updating the existing password or creating a new record. No matter which option I choose, the next time I login to the website using the 1Password autofill, the same prompt appears. I've tried removing the entire record in 1Password and creating it from scratch. I've disabled and enabled the 1Password extension in Safari. I've quit out of Safari. I've rebooted the Mac. Still the Save login prompt continues. This has happened on every site where I've changed my password. It's irritating to the point that I'm thinking of cancelling the free trial before having to pay the subscription. Has anyone else experienced this? Any fixes?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7 v. 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: Big Sur v11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:repeated prompts to update existing record with new password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LeonaM! Welcome to the forum!

What website is this? If you let us know the URL we will be happy to test it :+1:

• Ward
    Ward
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

I've been a 1Password user since 2008, and I've many hundreds of Logins. I just encountered the first website where 1Password prompts me to Save Login every time I have it fill in my username & password:

https://www.clynk.com/

Update:

Just a few minutes after I posted this comment, when I was editing my saved Login to update the name of the entry, I noticed the saved website URL:

https://www.clynk.com/create-account

Removing "/create-account" eliminated the repeated prompts to Save Login.

• @Ward

It's been a long time since I saw you, or we just never crossed paths recently. :lol: Nice to see you. Just to confirm, was your issue resolved? It sounds that way. You and I both have been here since 08. :sweat:

This discussion has been closed.