"Go" button vs. "Autofill"

Options
cdw
cdw
Community Member

Sometimes, when I'm on a login page and I click the 1Password icon in the menu bar, the matching site displays a "Go" button instead of "Autofill." This makes me think clicking will cause a new tab to open, but instead it takes the action of autofilling in the current tab. Is this a bug or expected behavior?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sometimes, I get a "Go" button instead of "Autofill," but the login page is already open.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cdw!

If you are on the right website already, you will remain there even if 1Password shows you the text "Go". Out of curiosity, when this happens, are there differences between the URL of the website, and the URL stored inside the 1Password item?

• cdw
    cdw
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I think that's what it is ... for my work login, we use a single ID/password that is valid across multiple URLs. I have saved about a half dozen of them in the 1Password item, but for any that are a different subdomain, it typically shows "Go" instead of "Autofill." E.g., if my main URL is login.abc.com, and I'm on news.abc.com, I see "Go" but it works as expected when pressed (autofills without a new tab).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That was indeed my suspicion @cdw :) This is also what I have discovered in my testing so far.

• cdw
    cdw
    Community Member
    Options

So is that something that should be fixed? It seems like a defect to me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cdw:

I don't think we have any plans to address this because I think it works by design at the moment. We can certainly keep collecting feedback in case something changes in the future however, so this discussion will definitely be useful :+1:

This discussion has been closed.