Yubikey 2FA - Onetime Password

Options
danilogoncalves
danilogoncalves
Community Member

Hi,
I was able to configure the Yubikey 5 NFC physical key for two-factor auth in my 1Password profile.
But I'd like to use the Yubikey for auth logins through the Onetime Password. Or, instead of OTP, use Yubikey as 2FA.
Is it possible?
Tks in adv.

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Yubikey

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danilogoncalves! Welcome to the forum!

But I'd like to use the Yubikey for auth logins through the Onetime Password.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by this?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@danilogoncalves There are two ways you can use a YuibKey to add 2FA to your 1Password account.

1. Add it as a "Security Key" which uses the U2F protocol where you touch the YubiKey to gain access. This is the more secure option as it protects you from "man in the middle" attacks.

2. Install Yubico Authenticator on your device (if you have a choice, choose a device with a USB port, its much easier to use than NFC). Add it as an "Authenticator App" and use Yubico Authenticator to scan the QR code or manually copy and paste the manual entry long-term secret.

You can use the same YubiKey for both types of authentication, but make sure you don't lose it. I'd suggest printing out the QR code or manual entry long-term secret and storing it with your Emergency Kit.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let us know if what missingbits wrote is what you were looking for @danilogoncalves. If you have any other questions, we are always here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.