Getting 1P mini to suggest the right password for applications

jhurshmanjhurshman Junior Member

When I need to log into a Mac application (not a website) and I click on the 1Password icon in the menubar, I'd like to have my password for that application come up in the suggestions. However, I cannot figure out how to do this.

For example, I have to log into the Microsoft Outlook application with a password with my employer. When 1P mini opens, it says "No suggestions found for microsoftoutlook". I tried adding "microsoftoutlook" as a website on the login I want to use, but this doesn't get 1P to suggest it.

Is there any way to do this?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited February 21

@jhurshman

See if this helps. I do not have access to MS Outlook to test with.

If you're comfortable trying Script Editor.app you can paste this in and replace Finder with whichever application you're looking for (if it doesn't recognize the name it'll prompt you to pick it). If you hit the play button at the top you should end up with a Result.

id of application "Finder"

Which returns - "com.apple.finder"

You'd put the result in 1Password with a prefix of app:// for example app://com.apple.finder

• jhurshmanjhurshman Junior Member
    edited February 21

Thanks, that worked. (The bundle identifier is com.microsoft.Outlook.)

It would be awesome if 1Password had the ability to do this natively (e.g., by drag and drop of an application onto the login card and/or with an "associate login with application" control).

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome @jhurshman! And thank you for the suggestion @jhurshman :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file