(Request) Option to copy/move related items

hendore
hendore
Community Member

Our primary vault has grown over time and we are now looking to create a vault per project for finer access control however moving items which have related items is not so straightforward. The UI does show us a warning informing us the items will be deleted when confirming the move action but there's no way of doing the move and keeping the related items that we can see.

Original item

Warning

Migrated item

Things we have tried
* Moving the related items into the new project vault before moving the parent item
* Moving the related items into the new project vault after the parent item has been moved
* Moving the parent item and related items at the same time

Luckily the related items are not gone forever, they're moved into the trash folder. I'm hoping in the future there would be an option to allow us to migrate the related items with the parent item, keeping the links and not deleting them. We have just shy of 400 items to clean up at the moment and will have to manually fix up the related items after moving things around.

1Password Version: 7.7.1.BETA-8 (70701008)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.1 Beta
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hendore!

We are aware that moving items between vaults when there are related items can be improved. It's a request that our developers are aware of and they will hopefully find a way to address this in the future. I wanted to clarify something however:

Luckily the related items are not gone forever, they're moved into the trash folder.

This is true in the sense that related items are moved to the trash in the source folder after moving, but if you moved them to another vault, you should be able to link to them in the destination vault directly, without needing to restore anything from the trash. Or am I misunderstanding something in your process?

This discussion has been closed.