Migrating data from Family to a private account

Options
deakricsi
deakricsi
Community Member

Hello guys,

I tried to solve this myself, following the support articles / videos, but sadly I have failed. My goal is simple:
as I'm no longer a member of my "family", I registered a new private account and wants to move all my 1pwd data there.

What I did:

• registered a new account, with the same master pwd
  • logged in to my new account
  • in the app the new account was not added automatically, so I used the add new vault functionality -> now I see the family account with my private vault and my new personal account in the left sidebar.
  • when I try to migrate manually (as the support article recommends) with help->tools->migrate standalone vaults to account... feature, can't click it, as it is greyed out.

I have no idea how to initiate the migration assistant or move everything to the new account. Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.7.1.BETA-9
Extension Version: 1.24.2
OS Version: macos 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deakricsi!

when I try to migrate manually (as the support article recommends) with help->tools->migrate standalone vaults to account... feature, can't click it, as it is greyed out.

Can you try moving items from one vault to another instead?

Move and copy items

I wonder if this is happening because you have multiple vaults in your account, so doing this one vault at the time should work in that case.

This discussion has been closed.