Double-clicking on a website doesn't autofill username and password

Options
NeilMurray
NeilMurray
Community Member

Recently up[graded my 2013 iMac to Catalina v.10.15.7

Previously, double-clicking on a stored website in 1Password would automatically open the website desired. Now it doesn't and I have to C&P the username or email address and password manually.
Is this a Mac OS glitch or 1Password or what???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NeilMurray!

What version of the 1Password desktop app and of the 1Password browser extension are you using? Also, what browser is this happening with?

• NeilMurray
    NeilMurray
    Community Member
    Options

Damn! Should have mentioned the browser. Awfully sorry about that.

It's Safari 14.0.3. iPassword version is 7.7. The extension in Safari is also 7.7. I did check if the app needed updating before posting and it said it was up-to-date.

Moreover, when I right-click on a PW field on a website, I'd expect it to send up the 1Password prompt. but it doesn't do that either. I have to open 1PW separately, select the login from the list, and then manually add username and PW.

All this happened with the update to Catalina (done a couple of days ago). I was running an older OS for a while because I had a couple of apps that were no longer supported by newer Mac OSs.

Your help is much appreciated!

• NeilMurray
    NeilMurray
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I'm a Brit, btw, in London, so there may be a time delay in replying sometimes....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NeilMurray:

Thank you for the additional information!

Moreover, when I right-click on a PW field on a website, I'd expect it to send up the 1Password prompt. but it doesn't do that either. I have to open 1PW separately, select the login from the list, and then manually add username and PW.

The latest version of the 1Password extension does not require right-clicking on fields anymore, it should be enough to just click on the username field to show the 1Password inline menu:

It sound like there is something that is preventing the 1Password Safari extension to work properly for you. Let's try something quick as a first step: can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Quitting and relaunching Safari could also help.

• NeilMurray
    NeilMurray
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that worked! I'd tried quitting Safari but hadn't thought to quit 1PW as well. Thanks immensely! Neil.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @NeilMurray! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.