Biometric Unlock unavailable on Samsung phones

Options
SamPiano
SamPiano
Community Member
edited February 2021 in Android

I'm trying to get facial recognition to work using the 1password app on my in-laws' Android Samsung phones and I can't turn it on for either of them. Here is the message I get:

Biometric Unlock could not be enabled because an error occurred: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: At least one biometric must be enrolled to create keys requiring user authentication for every use

What do you suggest? This message happened on both of their phones, which are two different models. I'm trying to set up my wife's parents as new 1password users, but if this feature doesn't work for them it won't really be worth the trouble.

Their phones have facial recognition enabled and they can successfully use facial recognition to unlock their phones.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @SamPiano. 1Password has a few requirements for Face Unlock. A device needs to support Google's native biometric framework. provide strong encryption, and the camera needs to sense depth so that it can't be tricked by a photo.

Unfortunately, many Samsung devices don't support all of these, so Face Unlock won't work there. Instead, try enabling fingerprint on these devices, and you'll be able to unlock 1Password with Fingerprint Unlock.

This discussion has been closed.